Customer Service Analytics
“We first met Trifacta through our Innovations Team on the ground in Silicon Valley, and were impressed from the outset with their ability to quickly derive value from diverse, unstructured data sets,” said Christian Nelissen, head of data and analytics at the Royal Bank of Scotland. “When we took a closer look and evaluated them against a range of large and small competitors, they stood out for their commitment to simplifying complex processes, something which is now really helping us to deliver great solutions for our customers. As such, we’re excited about the benefits we’ll see from the latest advances to Trifacta’s user interface and transformation workflow. With Trifacta as a partner, we are on our way to building a world-class data capability that will help us better understand and better serve our customers.”
As a large financial institution, they evaluated many data preparation tools on a dozen of points before adopting Trifacta, including:
- Data discovery of various Hadoop file formats, native integration with Hadoop and scalability within Hadoop
- Integration with existing tools
- Usability among non-technical users to explore and profile data themselves
- Rapid adoption among non-technical users
Using Trifacta, the Royal Bank of Scotland has dramatically increased its visibility of customer activity to improve customer service, thus satisfaction. With a better understanding of topics that customers want addressed, they can more effectively train their chat agents and based upon real customer feedback they create more effective service and product propositions. As they deploy Trifacta at scale, the company expects to analyze 100% of web chats, which is a huge milestone from their previous 0.1%, using the data insights to better help their customers. As more and more of its customers turn to web chat for customer service, this improvement will only become more significant.
- Trifacta’s support for unstructured data allowed RBS to convert 100% (vs. 1% before) of their chat logs into actionable information
- 90% faster in project delivery
- 600+ chat agents empowered with insight to deliver better services resulting in a substantially increase in Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Better understanding of customer needs lead to an annual benefit of 7~ millions of pounds
- Infinite data storage and processing capabilities to capture all interactions
- Ability to translate unstructured data into actionable information
- Ability to explore data to understand customer behavior
Trifacta is designed to help data analysts do the work associated with data preparation without having to manually write code. The joint solution from Trifacta and Cloudera provides a workflow optimized for transforming data at scale. Trifacta Wrangler Enterprise empowers analysts to visualize data stored in Cloudera Enterprise, to interact with data to define transformation rules that define a Hadoop job (either through Spark or MapReduce), and to process the data in the desired form for analysis. Trifacta Wrangler Enterprise sits between the Cloudera Enterprise and the visualization, analytics, or machine learning applications used downstream in the process.