Big Data Cloud Service
Oracle Big Data Cloud Service delivers the power of Cloudera CDH (Hadoop, Spark and Kafka) as a secure, automated, elastic service. Key Differentiators include:
- Single click security across the platform, configuring Kerberos, HDFS Encryption and Key Trustee Servers, Sentry etc.
Flexibility without Tradeoffs
- Scale out/in, up/down based on workload needs as in any cloud service.
- Control the full software stack and when to update versions to ensure application support
- Enables customers to install analytics add-ons and tools directly into the cluster infrastructure
- Pre-integrated with Oracle Cloud systems including Oracle Database, Oracle Analytics Cloud Service and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure for additional compute and storage resources like Object Storage
- Big Data Manager tool to easily move data in and out of BDCS and integrate Zeppelin Notebooks
Enhanced possibilities with added benefits
Big Data Cloud Service enables fast provisioning of the entire Cloudera Stack in a standard configuration with full control over the environment.
Reduces Risk while Enabling Cloud Benefits
- Implements the full Cloudera stack with full control over the resources and software levels
- Offers well-understood performance characteristics through a direct-attached disk architecture with super fast deployment cycles
- Tightly integrated with Object Stores (Oracle and non-Oracle)
Secure by Default
- Centralized user-access and robust auditing of user-access leveraging Cloudera Navigator as well as integration with Oracle Identity Cloud Service.
- Protects data-in-motion and data-at-rest through encryption.
- Extends Oracle Database security to Hadoop and NoSQL leveraging Big Data SQL Cloud Service
Delivers advanced analytics to solve complex business problems
- Includes Oracle Big Data Spatial and Graph to deliver cutting edge graph and spatial analytics at scale with impressive performance
- Includes Oracle R Advanced Analytics for Hadoop
- Includes Zeppelin Notebooks
- Includes high performance copy utility optimally leveraging Object Store facilities
Oracle is the leader in developing software to address enterprise data management. Typically known as a database leader, they also develop and build tools for software development, enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management, supply chain management, business analytics, big data and data warehousing. Cloudera has a long standing relationship with Oracle and have worked closely to develop enterprise class solutions that can enable end customers to more quickly get up and running with big data.